Thursday, July 15, 2010

Now you're my whole life, now you're my whole world

I miss Jesse. I miss his voice. I miss the color of his eyes. I miss the callouses on his hands. I miss when he would call me Catherine when I was being stubborn or childish. I miss how I would hardly have to touch him, and he would break out in goosebumps all over. I miss the way he smells. I miss feeling small. I miss feeling safe. I miss him rubbing my feet every night after I would get off work, and I miss him telling me how hot I looked in my uniform, even though I thought I looked stupid and smelled like sticky buns and smiley cookies. I miss cuddling up next to him when we'd go to sleep, and I miss waking up next to him in the morning. I miss looking at him and feeling my stomach flip and my heart soar. I miss rubbing his head. I miss cooking him meals and making him sandwiches. I miss dancing to Brad Paisley in my dining room. I miss watching movies with him. I miss him singing Green Eyes to me. I miss how much he loved my dog. I miss the way he would look at me that just screamed I love you, without having to say a word. I miss being kissed. I miss feeling beautiful. I miss Jesse.

It's been 25 days since I've seen him. He's on day 17 of 81. Our anniversary is in 5 days. Its bitter-sweet, because that's also a month since I've seen him last, and I'm not going to have any contact with him other than the letter that I write him. I'm pretty sure summer couldn't be going any slower. I would give anything for it to be September 16th and to be sitting on the curb at Parris Island at 6 am, waiting for Jesse's platoon to run by, because that'll be the next time I get to see him.

At least we can celebrate our six month anniversary together....

No comments:

Post a Comment