Tuesday, February 22, 2011

If I know one thing it's that every thing that I see of the world outside is so inconceivable often I can barely speak.

Last night I auditioned for The Vagina Monologues. I hope I get it. I want to be in that show so bad. At the audition they asked us all these super personal questions. It was interesting. I also want to find out if I was cast in a Sr. directed scene. I thought the cast list would be up by friday. HOPEFULLY it'll be up today. I just wanna be in SOMETHING. I'm bored.

Jesse and I had a pretty bad argument this weekend. Luckily we made up before his phone died Sunday night, because he's out in the field. He thinks that he'll get to go back to a squad bay on Saturday, which would be good because then he could charge his phone. If they change their mind and he doesn't get to go back to mainside, then I won't be talking to him for the next two weeks. I can't wait for Ft. Pickett to be over...I'll get to see him after he gets back to LeJuene. April is really gonna suck. The whole month he'll be in California at Mohabi Viper (sp?) and I won't be able to talk to him at all. Then he has two weeks of leave in May and then he leaves for Afghanistan. I hate this...

Anyway, today I have a meeting with the head of my department at 1 30 and I wanna go to the gym and I wanna walk down to south street and go to Repo Records and buy some albums. I wish my record player was here. I wish I could buy a cheap portable one...alas, it's not 1967 and I can't just go to the corner store and buy a record player for $10. Unfortunately.

I don't know what to do with my life. Johnny Hobbs, my acting teacher, says not knowing is a beautiful place to be. I think it's just exhausting and frustrating.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, John Denver, that's such a good one :)

    My show's at the Keynote Cafe, March 19th. It's not a big deal or anything, but Tom Maroon's helping me out with it and it'll be a lot of fun to play in front of an audience again, finally. When's you're spring break? Maybe you could make it.

    North Carolina is beautiful, that's so exciting! I don't know exactly how these things work so this might sound dumb, but will your housing be government funded? And would that affect the location? It must be terribly hard not seeing Jesse, but I've gotta say, I think it's really cool that this is something he's always wanted to do and that he's stuck with it. That goes for you too, with your acting. I just have a crazy feeling you guys are gonna go places, one way or another.

    Good luck on the cast lists your waiting on, Vagina Monologues would be so much fun to be in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once we're married our rent, electric, and water will be payed for by The Marines. But until then I'll have to figure out a way to pay for it. It won't affect the location though. They look at your zip code and give you enough money for rent in that general area. And if it costs less than I have to pay then I get to pocket the rest :)

    Yeah, it's rough not seeing him but our relationship is so strong because of it. I don't mind it most of the time. Sometimes it really sucks. So it'll be better once I'm closer. I dunno though...now that i'm applying to transfer I kinda don't want to. I think I'm just afraid that the program won't be as good there as it is here. But really I don't like anything else about this stupid place. So hopefully it'll work out.

    ReplyDelete