Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tell me are you free?

I've just pierced the third hole on my left ear. I feel very brave. The needle I was using wouldn't go through the whole way the first few tries, but then finally, I pushed really really hard and it popped. So I walked around for a few minutes with a giant needle in my ear, hoping my mom wouldn't walk by, then I put the earring in and now all is well. Except that right after I sterilized the needle with fire I touched it to my lower lip (God only knows why) and burned it (no shit sherlock) so that kinda hurts. But I think I have burt bees chap stick for sunburned lips somewhere, so I'll go find that in a bit.

My audition for U Arts went SO well. There were 80 kids there, 60 MTs and 20 acting majors. I auditioned for musical theater, and got a call back for acting. They told me it wasn't that my voice was bad, it's just that my monologue was really good, so they wanted to explore me more as an actor. So there were 12 kids called back for acting and like, 20 for MT. I auditioned for the head of the acting department, and my callback was for him too and another one of the acting teachers. I did both of my monologues, then they told me to do my fading joy monologue like I was really pissed off. So I did that and then they sat me down to interview me, and I talked to them for awhile. The acting head said I took direction well and that I have a good speaking voice. So that's good. They asked me a few questions and I asked a few and they seemed to like me because they were really interested in the fact that I paint and stuff too. They told me I could minor in musical theater and take drawing and painting classes. So I'm really content with that. Because honestly, singing and dancing are cool, but acting is my passion. They told me I'd hear back in 2 weeks. I really hope I get this. I feel so good about it. There's only like, 10 girls that get accepted into the acting program.

Today I cut up an old t-shirt and made it look cool and I watched gone with the wind again and took a bubble bath and pierced my ear and did my english. I didn't get much done because I was out late with Blaine. We went bowling. I suck at it.

I'm excited for warped. I'm excited for bonnoroo. I'm excited for summer. I'm excited for my tattoo. I'm excited for motion city and alkaline trio.

2 comments: