Friday, January 1, 2010

You know that I care what happens to you.

There are few nights that stand out in my mind that were worse than last night. It was really rough. I spent a good portion of it being rejected and cleaning up puke and being under appreciated and too sober to not wanna cry about it.

So today I came home and slept most of the day and watched The Twilight Zone marathon that's on syfy every year.

Then my mother rented the movie Julie and Julia and frankly...I'm in love. It was such a fabulous movie and I'm so happy about it. I've already ordered my copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I am going to learn how to cook from Julia Child.

Yes, I hear you skeptics out there "HA! French cooking? Cate can hardly even make mac and cheese. She forgot to add eggs to a brownie mix. She forgot to add water to a cake. This is a waste of time and can only end badly." And I say to you..... false. I am going to be an excellent cook. When Julia Child married her husband Paul she could hardly boil an egg and ended up changing the world. Well, the food world. If there is such a thing. I think there is.

SO. While I'm waiting for my cookbook to come in the mail, I'm looking up the recipes online. Tomorrow I will be cooking a chocolate almond cake with chocolate-butter icing...all from scratch. I'm so excited. The only problem is that it calls for rum. And we haven't got anymore. Because I have a weakness for rum and coke WHICH IS WEIRD because it's my dad's favorite drink too and my mom can't stand it.

I wanted to cook something instead of bake, because baking isn't hard for me. It's cooking that's been a struggle. But to be fair, I haven't ever tried to really cook something....but soon I'll be making boeuf bourguignon and lobster thermidor and Provencal au Pistou and you're all going to come over for dinner and eat your hearts out. But as it were, it's new years, so all I'll be eating for a week is sourkraut and pork and mashed potatoes. For good luck. Because it's worked soooo well in the past.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR MY COOKBOOK. My cake tomorrow is going to be very very tasty. I'm going to wear pearls and a dress and high heels and be very fancy. So in honor of Julia and my plunge into french cooking "Bon Appetit!"

No comments:

Post a Comment