Thursday, December 18, 2008

Grease Is the Word

I didn't expect to get a call back for Grease because I thought my vocal audition on Tuesday was terrible. The dancing, I will admit, went well. However, I found out today that I did get a call back. I figured it was probably just so I wouldn't feel bad...or something. I don't know. I didn't think much of it.

Anyway, so tonight at the callbacks, things went really well, actually. They had us read a few scenes, then they had us sing again. My singing was better...thankfully. Then they made a cut and sent a few people home. I made the cut. We read some more and he made another cut...I likewise, made that cut. I ended up being at the school until about seven at night. I guess that's good.

The thing that is bizarre to me is that I read a lot for Sandy...in Grease. You know...little miss pretty perfect pure thing. I have never been able to relate to her nor have I ever seen myself playing her. I've always seen myself of more of a Rizzo. But I was really hoping for Frenchie or Marty. By the end of the night, Krack had it narrowed down to I guess me, Mara, and Angela. That's the other thing. They want this so bad. Like...Mara was crying after callbacks because she didn't think she was gonna get sandy. And Angela has always assumed that she had sandy in the bag. So it's just weird that I was there with them. Honestly, I would love to be cast as Sandy. It would not only be a really fun part and a great thing to put on my resume for gov school and college and future auditions, but selfishly, it would be a great kick in the face to all the cheerleaders that wanted Sandy. Me, who listens to rock and roll and plays the guitar and plays war with my friends playing Sandra Dee. I think it would be hysterical.

I don't think I'm gonna get it though...I'll probably be the principal or some other old person...which would be fine...but I'm getting tired of playing old people. I want to play someone pretty...to be honest.

All I really want is a pink lady...or sandy. hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment