Thursday, August 27, 2009

Remember to remember me

I'm going to johnstown today with theresa. We're going to a vintage store...although I'm not entirely sure if its an actual shop or if it's an internet store and this is like...the guy's house. I dunno. We'll figure it out when we get there I guess. If that falls through we can go to the johnstown flood museum or something. 

Theresa apologized to me yesterday. I'm glad we're okay but what she said didn't go away. I was hoping that when she said sorry I would feel better. I still feel alone and like the only reason anyone talks to me anymore is because they're afraid for me. But mostly just alone. 

Sometimes I get caught in the silence. And I just sit here and think about it. And I feel like it's bad to break it and start typing again. But it's not really silence...the ceiling fan, the dog at the end of the bed, the fan inside the computer, birds outside, cars driving on the road...they're all part of it. But somehow they make up the silence? I don't know...I'm just typing as I think because I don't have anything better to do. I told myself I wasn't gonna write anymore blogs because nobody reads them anyway, but here I am...

I think that the Just Say No campaign is the dumbest waste of money ever. Think about it. Our whole lives we had it ingrained into our brains that drugs were bad, therefore bringing drugs to the center of our consciousness. Just like the whole Jonas Brother purity rings thing that Russell Brand got in so much trouble for mentioning at the VMAs- calling it a cynical marketing ploy utilizing the theories of Michel Foucault to sell sex to teens. By wearing the rings, the jonas brothers were making the public think 'the jonas brothers aren't having sex.' which defeats the purpose of the promise rings. The Just Say No campaign seems to me to be almost exactly the same. Anyway....I'm not trying to be deep. I was just thinking about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment