Thursday, July 23, 2009

There ain't no need to go outside

I'm a pretty firm believer that every single person has a thing that they're meant to do. Some people are meant to be teachers. Some people are supposed to be pastors. Some people are supposed to be garbage collectors. For whatever reason, certain people have certain skills that dictate what jobs they should do. And you know what I love? When people are called to do something and they take it and run with it. Like my mechanic for my jeep, Mike. He wasn't meant to play in a band or write a book. He was supposed to fix cars. And instead of trying to fight it, he opened his own garage and fixes cars. And he's a really nice guy that likes what he does and doesn't try to rip people off. Like today. When I went to pick up my jeep, I told him that I'd forgotten that I'd blown the fuse that makes my cigarette lighter work, so I couldn't listen to my iPod. He showed me where both the fuse boxes were and gave me a fuse for free, on top of the new clutch that he'd thrown in with the engine since mine was about shot.

So I guess what I've decided is that if you're meant to direct movies, be a director. If you're meant to be a principal, do it. If you're meant to be a car mechanic, you be the best damn car mechanic that's out there. Because if I ever make it in acting and have enough money for it, I'm gonna find Mike and buy him a wrangler...because he told me he wanted one.
Do what you're supposed to do, and do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment