Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cages or Wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds.

I've calmed down a great deal in the past few days.

The gov school thing was just sort of a punch in the gut that I wasn't prepared for. I just thought that was fairly stable and consistent. Apparently, I was wrong. Anyway, as of now, nothing has happened yet, but they're probably going to cut the funding, and maybe even shut down the school.

This past week has been long and stressful, and I'm glad it's over. It's been so much worse than it normally would have been because I don't have anyone to talk to. By the time rehearsal lets out everyone is either off on couple couple island, except amber, who is probably busy. So I've been sort of letting everything build up until the gov school news pretty much caused a break down. I wish I had someone to talk to anymore.

My birthday was good and fairly stress free. Even my dad called to wish me a happy birthday, even though it was a day late and it just turned into a lecture ish thing. Nobody cried at the party this year, which is a pretty big deal since this is the first time nobody cried at one of my parties in the history of all my birthday parties. I got some really cool stuff, the highlights being the peace sign earrings from amber and the effects thing for my guitar from my mom. Speaking of earrings, I tried to get my cartledge pierced today with my birthday money but nobody would believe my I'm-eighteen-I-just-don't-have-my-license-with-me crap. I am disappointed with the ear piercing youth of America and their unwillingness to bend the rules.

I'm so tired of boy problems. It's such a waste of my time because I'll probably just die alone anyway. *sigh* So many other things that I could be doing.

So tonight at youth was like, the first time in a long time that I actually worshiped when we sang. I think it's because of Amazing Grace...which I just cant take. Ever.

I can't wait for summer. I can't wait to lay out in the grass and fall asleep looking at the sky. I can't wait to ride my bike everywhere. I can't wait to wear jean shorts and to go swimming in the middle of the night. I can't wait for bon fires and cherries and playing my guitar balanced on the beam on my porch and sleeping with the window opening and listening to the night. I'm so excited to have warm skin from the sun and a tan. I can't wait to go to flat rock and patty's hole and to go bridge jumping.

Last year was the most significant year of my life thus far. I need this year to be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment