Sunday, October 18, 2009

We look like we just got here, but we've been here all night

I asked my mom for a membership card to the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh because I love going to museums and I think I want to go to them more often. My mother responded by telling me how materialistic I am and stupid. She told me how I never go to museums so there's no point in wasting $75 dollars to get membership to museums that I don't ever go to. I tried explaining to her that the reason I don't go is because she never lets me drive to Pittsburgh and that if I had free admission I would go all the time. Then she started off on some fucked up tangent about how I should just get a new family because I don't like her anyway. So I just told her that she was right and that I would move out if I could, and now she's all upset and not talking to me. I told her I didn't care. It's ridiculous that she's willing to buy me things that I don't want or need, but when I ask for something for an early Christmas present that I want, she yells at me for spending too much money. Sorry that I can't get a job. It's not like I'm not trying. I've applied everywhere, including McDonald's and Walmart. And even if I did get a job, I don't know how I would make it fit into my schedule between the play and school.

She also told me that I shouldn't bother getting membership because I wouldn't have anyone to go with since I don't have any friends. 

Ugly words: April, cute, laborer, extinct, furlough, umbrella, lichen, laser, hoary
Pretty words: syrup, waterfall, implication, lacerate, devastate, lucid, ambivalence, grotesque
I can't decide how I feel about the word doldrums. 

I reorganized my spare bedroom into a fancy tea room. I'm gonna repaint it because right now it's this ugly light pink. And everything has roses on it. I don't know what color it will be. But I'm excited about it. It's either gonna be purple or really bright pink. And I need new wallpaper because I think it's easier to put more wallpaper up on top of the old stuff than to just take it down. 

While I was looking for a song lyric to put as my title, I stumbled across the quote "Our hearts are drunk with a beauty our eyes could never see" by George William Russell. I like it. It reminded me of "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eyes." from the little prince.

I don't want to do my homework. I don't have anyone to administer my personality tests to for psych. If I wasn't kayaking on tuesday, I'd just skip tomorrow. I'm skipping thursday and going to pittsburgh I think to the warhol. One of these fridays or saturdays I'm gonna go to the laser show at the iMax. It sounds pretty cool.

2 comments: