Monday, February 1, 2010

Hey now, you're an all-star...

Today I got my acceptance letter to the University of the Arts.
There's a 7% acceptance rate.
I also received a presidential scholarship from the president of the university for over $12,000 a year.
I couldn't be happier. Really.

My favorite reactions thus far:
Mom- Jumped up and down hugging me and screaming and crying.
Ange- "Holy Shit!!!! CONGRATULATIONS"
Blaine- "What you gonna do next Cate Thomas?" "I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"

To everyone that told me that I'll never make it because so few actors get anywhere-
To everyone that said I should go to college with a fall back plan for when acting doesn't work out-
To everyone that has ever put me down and made me feel like I'm not good enough-
To everyone that will never make it out of Latrobe and will end up choking on their mediocre existence-

Look at me now : )

I know in the grand scheme of things, getting accepted to college isn't very big, and I probs shouldn't count my chickens before they're hatched, but who cares. I'm proud.

So now the plan is to be an Acting major with a minor in drawing and painting, and then I'll add on the musical theater minor at the beginning of my second semester. I wonder what my room mate will be like...

On another note, today was fun. Rehearsal consisted of me and Emily Puleo sliding around on ice and falling down and laughing.... and we made up silly walks. Um....kayla and I always jack around so that's nothing new. AND my mom took me out for a fancy dinner at Red Lobster, and the hostess was a manager (Little did I know) and I told her that someday I'd be a very famous actor, so she should remember the name Cate Thomas, and she actually asked ME if I was looking for a job, because she wants me to be a hostess because I have such a presence about me. So that's awesome. Imma work at Red Lobster. She basically told me that I have the job and now we just have to go through the motions. TODAY WAS SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment