Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I have no doubt one day the sun will come out

I have two memories that I associate with the song "Lovers in Japan" by Coldplay.

The first is sitting between Ande and Seth in Seth's bedroom on his couch. We were listening to Viva La Vida on vinyl. It was beautiful. I opened my eyes just in time to see Seth play the piano intro on the arm of his couch.

The second is driving to Youngstown to mail a letter at the post office. I took Jack along with me and he was sitting in the passenger seat. The window was open and he stuck his head out momentarily to smell the breeze. He looked back at me and smiled the way dogs do sometimes.

Every time I hear that song I think of these two things simultaneously. There isn't one memory that I prefer over the other. I think they're both lovely.

1 comment: