Friday, May 1, 2009

I stood there on the edge

I'm a member of the wrangler club. Officially.

I drove my jeep today without my mom. I passed another wrangler and we sort of waved to one another in a silent salute of our fantastic cars. Same thing happened when I was in Cameron's jeep and we passed another wrangler. It was such a great feeling. I am in love with my car. I finally understand the redneck pride in their trucks. Only my intense pride is totally justified. Because I drive a jeep, damnit.

Anyway, as you may have guessed, I can sort of drive my jeep. Can I go up steep hills yet? No. But I'm pretty good at avoiding them. And I haven't gone on the highway yet. But I'm excited. I can drive a stick. And it's only day two and I've improved a lot since yesterday.
I took the top off today and rode around the block a few times. It looked like rain though, so just in case I put the top back on. But for the 10 minutes that the top, back, sides, and the windows were off, life was good and everything was glorious. Once I get a new muffler and the engine is fixed, it's gonna be a great car. And once I learn how to drive it the way it was meant to be driven, I'm gonna take it off-roading with my friend and fellow wrangler owner Stephanie (only mine's better because it's red and it's manual) and we're gonna go wild. It was fun to splash around in deep puddles...I can't wait to be turned lose in a field with mud and four wheel drive. It's gonna be spectacular. I think I'm gonna look for a stream to drive through just for the hell of it. I get 19 inches of water clearance, after all.

I'm gonna have so much fun this summer.

1 comment:

  1. You know. the FJ cruiser beat the jeep climbing in tokyo. i wonder who would do better in pittsburgh. hm.

    ReplyDelete