Sunday, January 25, 2009

Too Good to Be True

Jersey Boys was absolutely fantastic. It was so spectacular. I loved ever moment of it. There was this one moment in the middle of the second act after Frankie Valli sings "Can't Take my Eyes off of You" to quite literally thunderous applause that he just holds his hands out from his sides and just takes it all in, basking in it all, totally humbled. I'm fairly certain that in that moment, he wasn't Frankie Valli. In that moment, he was just another actor living the dream. Just that small gesture set me off and I burst into tears. Because I want that so bad that it hurts. I was just reminded today why I want to do this so bad. It's for moments like that. It just blew me away. Then some stupid bitch that used to work with my mom turns around and decides to mock me for like, the tenth time in my life "So Cate, don't you just want to jump up there and dance with them?" Yeah Linda, more than you could ever know. Ever. I have such a decide to do this and she doesn't get it. I literally am brought to tears sometimes because I'm struck by how bad I want this and how beautiful it is when it works. Not just musicals, but theater in general. I just...I don't know. It just hit me today. It also hit me that there are people that can go to a theater and not feel it. I feel sorry for them.

1 comment:

  1. People like that bother me so much. How can you see something so beautifel and not be touched by it?

    ReplyDelete