Wednesday, April 22, 2009

When you stop dreaming it's time to die

I spent my afternoon off school today listening to The Beatles and painting. I'm painting this thing for my mom for Mother's day. It's a landscape. It's a field with a fence and a stormy sky and a little clear bit of blue between some clouds. It's sort of how the sky looked today. It's ugly a little, but it's growing on me. It's my first canvas and it makes me happy. I painted in my Rolling Stones shirt and listened to The Beatles. I felt very bohemian.

I wish I was satisfied with me.
I wish I had some deep dramatic story.
I wish I wasn't afraid of looking like a poser.
I wish I could force myself to say what I need to.
I wish I could listen to music for forever.
I wish I was more dynamic.
I wish I could force myself to make the phone call I want to.
I wish I was better at painting and guitar.
I wish I could just watch the world go by for a little and not participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment